1. Stops The reader from turning the page.
2. Sells a product’s benefits rather than its features: People buy based on what the product does for them not on what ingredients it has.
3. Promotes the name of the store or brand while visually creating an image for it.
4. Speaks to a specific group of people.
5. Provides all the facts a reader needs without providing too many.
6. Conveys its message simply. It is believable and honest.
7. Is news: Readers say advertising in newspapers is as important as the news. It is in fact a primary reason that people seek out advertising in newspapers.
8. Offers answers to consumer’s current needs. Advertising sells to people’s wants and not just needs. If people need transportation, they want a Mercedes. If they need clothing, they want Polo.
9. Uses white space. Crammed ads get poor results because readers don’t want to work that hard.
10. Has a sense of urgency. It tells the reader to do something now.
Your Hood County News marketing consultant can help you design an effective ad with the help of our award-winning designers.